Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't uninstall PerfectDisk2000 Defragger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

babbler

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
CA
I've downloaded and installed PerfectDisk2000 defragger. I didn't like the way it was rearranging my data, and after 15mins it had only done 1% of defragging. So, I wanted to uninstall it. There is no uninstall that comes with it, so I used Add/Remove, but it said:
"The log file 'C\Program Files\Raxco\Perfect Disk\Uninst.isu is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue". I emailed the firm and they said to dl it again, reboot, and it should work. It didn't. The follow instruction was then given to me, but I'm stymied. I don't understand step #2:

It sounds like the un-install file for PerfectDisk has been removed from the system. This could be the result of an install the didn't complete sucessfully or somebody (or a program) manually removing the un-install file.
To un-install PD and cleanup any registry keys, please do the following:
1. Locate the eval file that you downloaded from Raxco. It should be called pd40dsi.exe
2. Go to the MSDOS command prompt and change folders to the folder where pd40dsi.exe is located
3. Issue the following command: pd40dsi.exe -s -a -"cleanup"
4. Upon completion, you will need to reboot your system.

Can anyone offer some help with this?
Many thanks in advance.

Step 2 of the instructions are telling you to go to the folder where you placed pd40ds.exe then execute their command - pd40dsi.exe -s -a -"cleanup"

click on start, click on run
in the open line type in command
then click ok.

your command prompt will probably be c:\windows
or c:\windows\desktop now change that to the directory
that you downloaded pd40dsi.exe into.
CD /? will explain how to.
cd\windows\desktop\download
would put you in the folder windows subfolder desktop
subfolder download (that is if you have such a folder)

hope this helps

Screw all that. Just delete it's "program" folder, and use a reg cleaner like jv-16 to dump all the crap from the registry. I NEVER trust any program to remove all it's own crap.

...Mac

Humpty Dumpty was pushed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back