Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't turn of rule below

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProperHudson

Technical User
Jun 28, 2005
CA
Hi there,

My big problem: I've inherited a massive file that consists of many paragraph styles. One of these styles is for a subheading and it puts a hairline rule below underneath it. The problem is I want to lose this rule below but when I try to edit the paragraph style the rule below feature is not turned on. I've looked through my indesign bible but I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn this line off. It actually says in the style settings that there is a rule.... but again I can't find it. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Disregard this thread. I just figured it out.... mind you the default when you look at the paragraph rule option in the paragraph styles box is for rule above. And that was turned off... it was only when I used the drop down menu to go to rule below did it say that it was turned on... Shouldn't it default to the rule that's turned on? I would think that would be smart... but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back