Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant to send email to a distro group using outlook, but can with .bat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb0ogt

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2001
US
This is a weird one. I have a distro group that we use to get system notificaion with. we just upgraded from exchange 2003 to exchange 2010 and when i try to send a email using outlook to this group i do get it in my inbox but i DO NOT get it as text to my phone.

This is the kicker, we also have a program that we have run for years that goes out and checks log files and if the log file has not updated in X number of minutes it kicks off a email using smtp .bat file. WE GET THESE Emails in our inboxes and our phones. the difference is that its not using outlook.

so what is killing out look from sending to this distro group? we have compared property settings of the distro group and can not find anything that would cause this.

anybody have any ideas??

Check the junk mail folder
Use message tracking
Search using your Outlook search

Thanks Zel but like i said in my post, i do get the email in my inbox, the problem is that when i add my SMTP address that goes to my phone i do not get the message delivered to my phone as a text message when using outlook.

when a system alert is sent by our smtp .bat file i do get the alert to my phone.

i can also open outlook and on the to box type in Pager:my name and i get the text message.

Sorry, misread the post. If you don't get it as a text unless you use the .bat file, I'd still recommend message tracking, pipeline tracing, exchange event log. How are you doing the email to text translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back