Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAN'T STOP AUTH CODE PROMPTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL100OKI

Programmer
Jun 20, 2006
US
I have an M1 Opt 11 C that i have a minor issue with..

When a phone is blocked by TGAR/TARG, it gets a fast busy tone...which is good.

When a phone is blocked by just FRL, it gets a prompt for an auth code, which is bad. I want it to get blocked the same as any other blocked call and it poses a threat to confuse ignorant customers.

I think this feature was set by the person who installed the switch. For the commander of this camp to be able to override the NCOS at a phone. It may be flexible feature codes, but where do I look for those at?

Any ideas on how to change this would be great.

SL-100 Tek

Is the NCOS of the set(s) standard? Is the frl of the RLI corect? Is it a call that should go out? If so, chg the FRL on the RLI. If you want to get rid of authcodes all together, out them in LD 88

You could get rid of the auth codes and if its 1 phone you want to restrict, you could setup electronic lock on it.

If you get rid of the auth codes, out the AUB table too.

I am wanting to keep TGAR/TARG and FRL combination due to our broad spectrum of NCOS here on the DSN network.

In LD 87 I have TGAR set to yes so I use both.

I have no problems with calls going out if they have a high enough NCOS and they aren't blocked by TGAR/TARG.

If TGAR and TARG match, they get fast busy which is what I wanted

But when FRL is lower than that set on the RLI, the customer gets an auth code prompt (studdered dial tone) which isn't what I need.

I'll look into LD 88, what am I looking for in specifics.

SL-100 Tek

AUTHcode block, short programming LD. You can NEW, PRT,OUT @ the REQ prompt, pwd required. PRT them, then smoke them if you want. Before you do, look at the MFRL, max frl on the RLI under iSet at the bottom, is it higher than what is on the Entries? I think if you match MFRL to FRL, you might do away with authcode stutter tone request and get that fast busy you want.

look at the MFRL... set that to 0 and no ncos will get auth code request.. auth code is does not use ffc.. here we use it. 6 digits in ld 88, prt aub and aut.. auth codes change the cls and ncos of a phone.. turn them off via rlb/mfrl prompt

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back