Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't stop active job

Status
Not open for further replies.

trex2

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2002
SE
Hi!

I can´t stop an active arcserve job. When I try to stop it the regular way it responds that it cant be done.
When I stop the services the services autostarting.
I also disabled the services and then killed the services but the job still show it´s active.
A restart doesn´t solve the problem.

I am running Win2000 sp2 and arcserve 2000 Sp4.

Does anyone have a clue?

See it too many times!

Your current job may be corrupt!
Stop Arcserve Job engine. Go to the Arcserve directory. Rename the director 00000001.Qsd. Then start the Job engine. The job engine will create a new spool directory. You will now have to resubmit your Prune and backup Jobs.

If this is happing on a Exchange server in Bricks level mode then please let me know. I am having problems backing up large attachments!

Eamo

Thanks Eamo, your solution solved my problem.

For deleteing a Job , follow these steps
1) Stop the Arcserve job Engine , tape engine & Database Engine from the services
2) Go to ..\Arcserve\00000001.QSD folder
3) There delete the 000000x.job and 000000x.chk file
Where x stands for the Queue ID , which you can see under the Arcserve job status screen.
4) Once this is done then you wont find that particular job under the Arcserve Job Status Screen.

Thanks
Dinesh

Just a word to the wise.

If you try to kill a job through services or forcefully kill it any which way, thats it, chances are your queue is "corruptus maximus". Blow away the queue as per above.

g

Hi,

I had this same problem with Tuesday's night backup. The job froze after 42%. And, the job properties for that job showed that it had 17h 6m 34s remaining. I tried to stop the job and got the same error as trex2 " can't stop an acitive job". EAMO you stated that the job my be corrupt. What would cause the job to become corrupt? It is true I haven't had to resubmit the backup job in 2 months Until Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back