Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant Start Remote Desktop Services (error 126)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsanto17

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2005
US
I have an issue with a Windows 7 SP1 where all of sudden I can't start the Remote Desktop Services. When I try to manually start it I get a "Error 126: The specified Module could not be found"

I have run SFC / Scannow to check for any missing or corrupt files. (Passed 100%)
I have run SCAN Disk to check to see if maybe a file was sitting on a bad sector of the harddrive. (Passed 100%)
I tried to replace the termsrv.dll in the system32 folder with a working copy.
Compared Registry Settings with a working PC.
I have installed all of the most recent windows updates.

Is there anything I missing or any addition guidance you all could point me to.

Thank you in advance.

See if this thread helps. It looks like the root cause may be a combination of a registry change and bad .dlls.

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

I looked at thread already and it points to RASMAN and not the Remote Desktop Services service.

I also compared all the registry entries to a working computer and they were an exact match. I have also updated all of the dll's associated with the remote desktop services. (termsrv.dll)

This issue still persists any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back