Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant Start My Access 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

egapogi

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
PH
I've been using my Access 97 for quite a long time and got no problem with it.. The last time I used it, was just last friday... This morning when I try to launch MS Access it gives me an error like this.. "Disk or NetWork Error". I click on help button and it is telling me that either I am disconnected to the network or have no space on my hard drive... I am using this a a development box and access is installed in my machine, so it does not make any sense if i am connected to the network or not... my hard drive have th 500mb of free space in both Drive C and D.. Access is installed in Drive C.

I tried uninstalling all of office 97 and re-install it again. just right before the installation is complete i got an error which says "There is an error in updating the workgroup database" then i click ok and was prompted that installation is complete, so i clicked on restart button.

After I restarted the machine I still have the same error "Disk or Network Error!". So I was thinking of creating a system.mdw using Workgroup administrator because I was prompted an error just before the installation is complete, that "there was an error in updating the system workgroup database", but it says the same error when i create a workgroup...."There was an Error in updating workgroup database"...

So I copied the system.mdw from another machine which has a working Access 97. I copied it to my windows directory "c:\WinNT\System32\" and I launch workgroup administrator and and join the newly copied file.

But sad to say that when I launch Access it still say the same error "Disk Or Network Error!"

Any body who experienced the same and was able to get rid of it?

thanks in advance.
ega

i have had this problem before,
it could be to do with permissions, make sure you have full control over the folder that holds the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back