Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't ssh BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabtek

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2005
CH
When I try to ssh the BCM 200 4.0.2.03, it ask for login, i type the login and "enter" and then putty windows close. if I do it from ubuntu it return permission denied. I have google it, and it seans that ssh server is not runing properly. I have restart the sshd service but it doesn't fix my problem. Is it a known issue? should I install some patch?

what do you mean by nortel pass? special account? special program?

I only know a way to get a "Nortel pass": Asking to nortel technical support.

When i have got a "Case", they bring me the password of the day (is relationated with Unique ID) to generate some special logs.

is that the only way? I have a BCM 400 and there's no problem to ssh, so this is a BCM50/200 limitations...

thanks

Sorry, is the only way that i know.

"so this is a BCM50/200 limitations..."
I think so.

This is limitation for all Linux Release BCM (all bcm50 and bcm200/400/1000 rel.4).

You need special account called "nnsupport" and get password of the day from Nortel.

--------------------------
I'm from Russia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back