Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't share internet, HELP PLEASE! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

schlitz

MIS
Dec 16, 2003
US
i have a windows 2000 server, a charter cable modem and a few other nodes on my network. I have two nics in the server, one for the cable modem one for the lan. i am unable to get internet on any of the nodes and i am not sure what i did wrong. I had it working before but i had to format it and now i cannot get it to work, please help. The machines see each other and get ip's assigned and everything, but only the server has internet connectivity. Thank you very much,

Sean O'Brien

Well to properly troubleshoot this we will need more information. Run ipconfig all the server and and a client and post that info. Im willing to bet its a routing issue but I cant tell without more infor

Please answer this first:

can you browse your domain/workgroup on networkneighborhood?

if NO, check if the default sharing of C$,IPC$,Admin$ exist.

if NO, create it.

another thing is,can you tell us how you performed your ICS..do you use 3rd party ICS? such as winproxy,sygate, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back