Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't setup Outlook 2k Internet Mail Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2002
US
How hard can this be?

Windows 2000 Pro SP4
Office 2K SP3

I'm trying to change an already configured Internet Mail service to a different SMTP & POP server. When I click on Properties while going into the Outlook profile to change the Internet e-mail service, it won't bring up the properties page for the mail settings. I figured something was corrupt, so I blew the profile away and recreated the profile. I was able to add the PST file, and even the Internet mail service, but instead of asking for the config settings, it just places it in the list of configured services and it won't let me configure it again. I've tried switching Outlook modes to both Corporate/Workgroup and Internet e-mail. I've also uninstalled Office completely, and also used the Eraser 2K utility from MS to blow all Office registry settings away and renamed the MS Office folder. I reinstalled Office 2K and Office 2K SP3 - still no luck. I can view the pst files just fine, just can Send/Receive now. When starting Outlook with the blank Internet Service in the profile, I get an error: "There was an error reading your Internet e-mail service. Click the Tools menu, click Service, delete the service and then create a new one."

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back