Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't set default view for optional editable region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueman2

Technical User
Aug 5, 2008
US
I have an optional editable region called "short"in a template page . Under the basic tab in properties I uncheck the "Show by default". In t he Advanced tab I select "none" for parameters as I want the user to be able to set the visibility when working on the page that has that template applied and by default, I do not want this region to show.

When I go to a page that has that template attached to it and apply the template that has the optional editable region "short" that I just created, the "short" region shows, despite the fact that I had unchecked show by default.

When I go back to the template page and select "edit" for the optional editable region called short, the default box is now checked and under the advanced tab, the word "short" is now in the parameters. No matter how many times I change this back to where I wanted it and re-apply the template, I get the same results.

Can someone please help me out here and tell me what's going on.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back