Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't send outside Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBobo

Technical User
Jul 15, 2003
US
Hi averyone.

I'm testing Exchange Server 2003. Incoming mail and internal is working fine. But, sending mail out is not working.

This is the error that I'm getting:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxx.org', Server: 'xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxx.org', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Could someone give me some pointers, where could be the problem, or how the the smtp should be setup?

Thank you.

Did you setup another smtp connector under Exchange system manager/servers/connector.

If you have only one domain you do not need any connectors.

It look you are trying to relay your mails from other Exchange server. May be that Server secured i.e they have blocked SMTP port.

Suresh S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back