Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Send or Receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra8ball

Technical User
Nov 1, 2002
US
Here are the error messages that I am getting. However I am able to log on to the web based E-Mail no problem. I have reconfigured everything a couple of times etc. This problem started when I turned on my system last nite. Firewall is letting out, Ping program from charter web site that communicates betwwen outlook express and server works. I am pretty stumped??????

Any Ideas?

Thanx

Cobra8ball

FIRST 2 ERROR MESSAGES ARE FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS (6)

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Home', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

THIS 3RD ERROR MESSAGE IS FROM OUTLOOK 2002

Task 'COOL - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

have you tried disableing your firewall just to see. had outpost on a dell with winxp and outpost for some reason was the problem. also do a virus scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back