Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't send email to additional domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2008
US
We currently receive email at our domain (companya.com). Just recently we set up a new domain (companyb.com). Management wants the company to be able to receive email at both domains. For example, JohnA can receive email at JohnA@companya.com and JohnA@companyb.com. I registered the new domain at godaddy.com and also created an MX record for the new domain. When I ping the MX record for the new domain, it resolves to the companies public IP - the same IP that the current domain uses. I also configured the recipient policy in exchange so that @companyb.com is one of the email address policies. Finally, I added a companyb.com SMTP address for a few of the mailboxes on the exchange server. With all that said, when I try to send a test email to an address at the new domain, I get an error saying that I don't have permission to send to the recipient - #5.7.1 smtp;551 5.7.1 relaying denied. I'm at a loss as to what this could be. Please help!

Hi,

Is this when sending from internal or external ?
What you described sounds OK this should work so please let us know if it's from internal or from external.

Regards,

Johan

visit my site:

i guess this is only sending email on internal domain.

check system manager > default smtp > authentication >users

need to change authentification method and change permission so that domain user can relay mail.

CCNA & NETWORK+
My every answer is
"There seems to be no pattern of when this problem occurs."
for Users.. :p

With all that said, when I try to send a test email to an address at the new domain, I get an error saying that I don't have permission to send to the recipient - #5.7.1 smtp;551 5.7.1 relaying denied.

Please clarify. Where are you sending this test email from?

Don't touch the authentication and permissions.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back