Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant See Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnharte

Technical User
Jul 26, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have a Acrobat file, which in 1 machine I can view OK, but in another I cannot see the text.. Simple, copy all the fonts from the first machine to the second machine???

OK Tried that, Still cant see the text, even though I assumed the fonts had been embedded..

Is there something simple I am missing?

Thanks in Advance,

John.

Well, first...remember one reason why pdf's are useful.

The retention of formatting (fonts, etc.) whether or not the user/viewer has them or not.

Initial questions come to mind though...

1.Which versions of viewers are you using on each machine.
2.How was the pdf created and what options were used.

Specifically what I'm getting at is...

If a pdf was created using options for 4.0 compatability you cannot open it using a viewer that only supports 3.0. If this is the case, you have a few options. Recreate the pdf (if you can) using 3.0 compatability settings. Upgrade the 3.0 viewer to inable opening of 4.0 files.

This may not be your problem but it's a start to solving it.

Jusfire,

Thanks for replying, I dont know what version of Acrobat off hand was used to create the file, But, I have 5.05 on the one that cannot view the files, and 4 on the one that can??? Arrhhh....

the page comes up, the borders, pictures, just no text?? - But... Prints out OK though?

Regards,

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back