Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't See Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatahoulaHound

Technical User
Feb 26, 2001
US
Hello All,
I've been asked to take over admin of a database for our club. I haven't used Access for quite some time so I'm trying to get back up to speed on some things.

This is a very simple database for our football club registration. There are a few queries in the database already but I can not see the tables that they are based on (they are not listed in the TABLES window. They do show in when I check the design of the quires. What am I missing here???
Thanks
Confused

Perhaps they are also based on named Access Queries (check the Queries tab in the Project Window).

-V

Do the queries run and display records? What is the SQL of the queries? Have you tried select Tools->Options->View and selected Hidden Objects?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Perhaps the queries are retrieving records from non-linked tables in a separate MDB file....?

Something like this:

Code:
SELECT * FROM tblUsers In 'C:\My DBs\db1.mdb'

Ed Metcalfe.

Please do not feed the trolls.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back