Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see stacks with more than 4 switches with Device Manager 5.5.3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoyam

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2002
PR
I just upgraded my device manager to 5.5.3.0 and now I can't manage any stack with more than 4 units!! I cán connect to them, but I can't get any status or manage anything. It just displays all the units, let's say 8, but with no green/red lights, all is grayed-out!! Anyone has experienced this??

I am betting you are running 4.1 on the 450s, I had to change the Device Manager timeout to 30 seconds. You should consider moving back to 3.1 or forward to 4.2.0.12 I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

BS450 have some Snmp Pb to report the configuration of all units in the stack (4 to 8 units, May be process Snmp have no high priority). The best way is to do a stack with a BPS2000 for the base and BS450 for other units.
Best software release for bs450 is 4.2.0.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back