Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see SCSI SCA disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2002
GB
My set-up is as follows:

Compaq proliant ML370G2 server
6 x 36g HD in hot bay, connected to on-board 5si controller, 1 x RAID 5 array

I am trying to add 2 x 18g HD in removable media bay connected to an additional 5302 controller in RAID 1.

2 x 18g HD are SCSI SCA from an older server. Removed from hot plug caddies and placed in removable bay caddies. Connected via supplied 68 pin cable to 5302 controller and other end to 18g HD's via an SCA - 68 pin/power pcb.

Problem - the5302 controller will not initialise, saying that no hot bay or drives are detected... Am I missing something? Someone mentioned jumper settings on the 18g HD's to tell them they are no longer hot swapable, but can not find info on this.

I need to get these working for the coming weekend, so all help greatfully received!!!

Thanks in advance...

Chris

no switches on drives - they are just normal drives in a caddy

you've added an other card -yes

if you go into smartstart maintenance - does it see the new card?

Yes the card can be seen. I have also tried the hot bay on the new card and it works fine....

have you run the compaq array utilities
you should see the new disks and then you can create an array

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back