Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant See Report Running in CMC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkavanagh

MIS
Feb 12, 2003
IE
Hi All,

I was having trouble with a report that was taking time to run in e-portfolio as a view. As part of my investigation I went to the instance manager and a few of the metric screens for the various servers in CMC to see if the report was showing as running.

I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere. If the report is run from the view option have I know visibilty or is it a configurable

thanks again

Fergal

Crystal Reports 9
Crystal Enterprise 10
Oracle 8.1 (ODBC and native Oracle connection depending on database)
Windows 2000 (Both Desktop and Server)

Hi,

I am starting to look for a job. I have done posters, flyers, covers, invitations, etc. The point is that I am not sure how exactly I have to present my portfolio. I thought about making an Illustrator file (different pages for each artwork) and print a smaller size of the artwork with some explanation at the bottom like date and type of event. This is the right way to make a portfolio or I have to bring the original works? In case the second is the correct answer, what to do with the Posters??? The reason I am asking is that those works that I have were made for a non-profit organization when I was volunteering. Since the graphics printed them for free the final work does not always is perfect (no alignment, colors shades..) and I don't want to show imperfection when interviewing and risking my chances to gain a position in one company.

Fergal,

When running a report on demand ("view") Crystal Enterprise gives you no interface to watch the process. This functionality is only for scheduled reports.

If you want to know if anything is happening when running a report you could:
1. Look at the PageServer service under the task manager to see if it is using CPU time/memory
2. If the "spinning gif" in the top right corner of the report viewer is moving - then it is processing.

I hope this helps you.
Cheers
paulmarr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back