Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see Oracle Driver even though Oracle Client is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyboy

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
GB
I have Oracle client 8.06 installed, but Crystal Reports 8.5 fails to offer Oracle Server as a database option. Does anybody know what Crystal looks for to determine whether the client is installed?

1. Make sure your Oracle Client is in the PC's path statement.

2. Make sure you have P2SORA7.DLL in the CRYSTAL (..\WINDOWS\CRYSTAL or ..\WINNT\CRYSTAL) folder. This is the Native Oracle driver for Crystal and it may NOT have been installed for you. If not re-run the installation, choose CUSTOM path and look for Databases or Data sources. Here you can pick and choose from various datab sources to install support for.

Thanks for the advice, but being thick which installation? oracle driver or crystal?

Sorry....Crystal installation. This DLL is provided by Crystal.

Done all of that, Oracle directory (d:\orant\bin) is in the path, p2sora7.dll is in the winnt\crystal directory and still I don't get the native Oracle datasource. Re-installed Crystal.
Any other ideas???

does anyone know what the most recent version of p2sora7.dll is and where the most recent version can be downloaded?

thanks

The latest version of p2sora7.dll is 8.6.1.50 dated 05/09/2002

If you want to download it, go to the crystal decision website( and look for the file "dbexdrvr.zip". This file contain the latest version of all the database driver and export driver.

HTH,
Martin

I eventually found the problem. There was a very old version of one of the oracle dll's in the windows\system32 directory which was being reference in preference to the dll in the ora\binn directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back