Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see network-computer browser service down

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomartinpe

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2006
Hi forum.
I setup a new W2003 Enterprise Server SP1 on HP Blade DL.
All instalation was ok, but I notice that some days after the users cant browse the network,including the server itself, when browsing appears a message saying 'The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available'. I checked services on server and notice that computer browser is down. Including affect the printers installed with print server.
Is there a way to make this service dont stop? Why does it stop? It there any other service that need to check? Today the server have McAffe antivirus installed, but the problem was there before this installation.
All replys welcome.
Thanks

Configure the service to restart itself every 10 minutes if it stops, and also check your Application and System event logs to see if there are any explanatory messages that may be tied to this issue.

This problem has been caused in the past by the configuration of the network cards. Does the blade have two NICs like it usually would? Are they set to team, or not? What happens if you disable one of the NICs and reboot?

You posted in the Small Business Server 2003 forum. Did you mean to post in the Windows 2003 Server forum?

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

Hello.
I dont understand when you say the nics are set as 'team' or not. The problem still even if unplug network cable from one nic.
I'll put to the post in the forum you suggest.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back