Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see MSSQL tables in DBexpress data explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

muckermucker

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2009
AU
Can anyone help with this please? I have searched all over the internet for a solution but i can't get an answer for it.
I have delphi 2009 and an SQL Express 2005 DB on the machine. If i set up the DB connection in DBexpress and test the connection it comes back successful but when I browse the tables through DB express nothing shows up. Stored functions and procedures in the DB show up though under DBexpress so it is connected to the correct DB.
I have tried several solutions but none work. From what I have found out it looks like it has something to do with user instances.
Any help would br greatly appriciated, thanks.

Solved this myself.
It turns out that if the collation of the database is different than the default then Delphi can't see the tables.
IE the master database collation was Latin_1_General_CI_AS but my DB was Latin_General_Bin. As soon as I changed my collation to match master DB Delphi could see the tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back