Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see Microsoft servers with Microsoft Client installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

htoth

MIS
Jan 25, 2001
US
I have two pc's, both running Windows 98SE, an older version of Novell's client 32 and the network is mixed Novell, NT with the NT server being the primary login server. Both of these pc's can attach to the NT servers but when I go to add a printer (which is handled by NT), it only shows the Novell tree and server. When I double click network neighborhood, again only the Novell tree is there. Does anyone know why this is? Unless I manually map a drive to the NT box, I can't access anything on it and the users who use these pc's can't access their home directories. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

what protocols are you using?
Are you using the gateways services on the server to access netware, or are you using the ipx/spx for all network comms?

The pc's are using IPX/SPX and TCP/IP. Gateway services for Netware are setup on the main NT server. These particular pc's are connected to an NT server at a remote site, which is connected to the main NT server through a T1.

Hi,

Is the workgroup set correctly in the MS client.

Paul

Yes, all the settings for the Microsoft client are set to what they need to be. I have removed/readded it a couple of times. The printers in this location are handled by the server in that location as well which is NT. So the printing service for Windows is added as well and the settings with that are also correct.

Try installing the NetBeui Protocol...

NetBEUI protocol is necessary to connect to Windows NT, Windows for Workgroups or Lan Manager Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back