Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

***//Can't see image on a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhsurti

Programmer
Apr 21, 2003
IN
I have a table named companyDetails which stores the name address, phones, Director names and a logo fields. The logo field is a OLE field and I have embedded the logo of the company in it(it's a jpg file). When I load the forms I open this recordset to fill in the details in the form header and also on the splash form. The problem is that instead of getting an image of the logo, i get the icon of "acdsee image"(that's my image viewer). the help file says that i have to dbl-click on the icon to be able to see the image. Can anyone help me to sort this out? What am I doing wrong?
The idea of storing the jpg file in a table was that I should not have to supply a separate jpg file, lest someone should move it to other folder by mistake and then generate the run-time error of not finding the file. so i thought i would put the file in a table and load it from there.
Any work-around would help.
Thanks.

jhsurti,
I am having exactly the same trouble. 2 Years ago when I added a picture in the field it appeared no problem. Now when I add a picture all I can get is an icon.
I also require assistance please help..

Wayne

See the thread on image appears as icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back