Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see formula window 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davest11

Programmer
Oct 26, 2004
US
Very odd problem. I'm running Crystal v10, and, when I try to open the Formula window it doesn't show up. The same thing happens no matter the circumstances - if I'm trying to edit a formula, create a new formula, or edit the selection formula. Crystal thinks it's open somewhere, because the main Crystal window doesn't respond to clicks. I have to close the application in Task Manager (the application isn't frozen) and open it again, but the same thing happens. I've tried rebooting the machine as well, to no avail. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dave

The formula window is off screen. I use dual monitors on my laptop, and if I am just using the laptop, sometimes my window shows up off screen. Try hooking up a 2nd monitor. You should be able to see it then and move it back to the main screen and close the window. Close the application and open it again. It should open up on the same screen as the Crystal app now.

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I too use dual monitors, and I've run into the problem you describe, but I have both monitors hooked up now. The first thing I tried was changing the settings to single monitor, hoping that it might be out there somewhere and would pop to the single monitor, but it didn't. I went back to dual, and still no luck. Plus, I was using Crystal successfully earlier today, and I hadn't changed anything about my monitor setup when the problem started happening.

If the formula window is off the viewing area, try hitting the Alt key, then the up arrow 2 times and hit enter (maximize).

Or Alt key and then down arrow 2 times and hit enter (move), then start using the arrow keys to move the window around.

-k

Thanks, K - that did the trick. Somehow, the window had found its way off the left side of my main monitor. I had to move it back into the left-most of my two-monitor setup.

Thanks k that is a handy trick.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back