Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see External CD Drive in 9.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niggle

Technical User
Apr 2, 2001
I have recently had to reload system software on my G4 Desktop Mac. Now I find that System 9.2 doesn't see my CD writer (the only SCSI device on the chain). SCSI Probe doesn't either. System X.2 sees it fine, and mounts discs that I load in it. I'm sure I've never had to load separate drivers for it, and in any event, can't find any on the net for it with a Mac. The CD Writer is a Matshita 7501, and I have to use System 9.2 as I only have Toast 3.5 for writing CDs.

You need to make sure you are loading the extension for your SCSI card in order to see any device connected to the SCSI chain in OS 9.x.

Of course! Thank you so much. It's the first time since I've had the G4 that I've had to totally reinstall the system software from scratch. I now remember that amongst the disks that came with the computer was a CD called Scsi Connect! I spent a whole morning on Friday not remembering that! Cheers MBowens!

No problem. There is alway a few minor things that don't get noticed after reinstalling the system on a Mac that you don't think about until something doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back