Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see e:\ drive 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpACH

Technical User
Nov 9, 2006
CA
Hello,

For some reason explorer can't see anything that is mapped to the e:\ drive.

We've tried mapping network drives and inserting flash drives and both don't work. With flash drives, they show up in computer management and we can re-assign them to another drive there.

If you try to access it from the search box/run command it works, but if you open the computer folder, it is invisible.

Any ideas?

See if you can get any clues from these type of posts.

How to restrict access to drives in My Computer in Windows 7?

Hide Drives in My Computer (Current User) (All Windows)

USBDLM V4.5.7 - USB Drive Letter Manager

Any mention of Drive E: in here?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

Remove Useless Drive

Are you running any third party software that could be causing your problem? Is the drive available from Safe Mode?

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Have you tested with a different user?

linnety, in response to your question: yes, it affected all users.

I ended up modifying ntuser.dat on the default profile and then deleting all of the existing profiles.

I'm glad you have an E: drive back, I'll see you when the next bit falls off. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back