Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't 'see' all .rpt files published on CMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve053

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
US
Using Crystal Reports 2008 SP8 connecting to Business Objects CMC (version 3.?)

From crystal reports I can connect and access the .rpt files published on the Enterprise server. My problem is that I cannot see/access all of the .rpt files in some folders. It's not a random .rpt file, the report list is definitely truncated (example: I can see reports A through L and am missing everything from M through Z). There must be a registry setting that limits the number of files to fetch, but I don't know the registry name.

I'm assuming that it's a crystal reports limitation as I am able to access all of the reports using APOS InfoScheduler. I had a similar issue with not being able to see all of the tables and views on our SQL database from crystal, but a change in the Crystal Reports registry setting fixed that issue.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

When there are more than a certain number of reports (I don't remember how many that is), the list of reports will be "paged" when looking at them from the Save screen in Crystal. There should be an option at either the top or the bottom of the Save screen that will let you go to the next page of reports. Unfortunately, I don't have a system set up that has enough reports that I can look at it to see exactly how this is labeled or where it's at.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks Dell, but that's not the issue.

I'm trying to open the .rpt file using Crystal Reports, not through CMC or InfoView.

In Crystal Reports I do a File - Open, then select Enterprise from the 'Open' dialogue box. I'm presented with the folder structure on the Enterprise server. There are folders that I am unable to see all of the .rpt files in the tree. There is no ability to move to an additional page.

I understand the paging funciton when I access the reports using CMC.

Steve

I'm saying that there should be a way to page in that Open dialog in Crystal (I used "Save" because I rarely open from BO.) It's not obvious on the screen, but in Crystal 2008 it should be there.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Dell,

Thanks for the clarification. I started clicking around and I found it! You have to right click the folder that contains the 'missing' file. You will be presented with 5 options:
- First Batch
- Next Batch
- Previous Batch
- Last Batch
- Find

Clicking on 'Next Batch' brought up the next group of 'missing' reports.

The 'Find' function worked as advertised as well.

Thank Dell for taking the time to share and explain your answer. I am very grateful.

Steve

Hey Steve053,

Any idea how you got the Enterprise access between your Crystal Reports and the Enterprise Server working?

We have our server up and running and can log in via CMC and BI Launchpad, but we are unable to connect from Crystal Reports Developer [desktop app] to the Enterprise. I suspectot that something needs to be installed or configured on the server side but do not know what. I only have server access via CMC and BI Launchpad. Everything else, Server Installation, Windows Server 2008 OS related, etc is done by our Server Admin group. They know about as much as me when it comes to Crystal Server administration. It is hard for me to request them to install or configure something that I do not know. I am hoping someone might be able to shed some light on where to look,what to ask, etc.

I currently access the server BI Launchpad via the following:
-------------------------------------------
System: [EnterpriseServerName:6400]
UserName: [MyName ]
Password: [MyEnterprisePW ]
Authentication: [Enterprise ]

When I am in Crystal Reports desktop and try to open a report on the server via Enterprise, I am prompted with the following:
Log On to BusinessObjects Enterprise
Enter the name of your syste, (Central Management Server).
You also need to specify your user name and password.
System: [ ]
User Name: [ ]
Password: [ ]
Authentication: [ ]

I have tried using the same credentials as for BI Launchpad and CMC but get the following error.
Internal Error. An unkown exception has occurred.

- Bill

Bill,

Which version of BOE or Crystal Server are you connecting to? Which version of Crystal are you using?

-Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back