Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant search some personal folders or subfolders

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrphibes

Technical User
Sep 16, 2005
US
Hello, I have a client who is running windows 7 Enterprise and Outlook 2010 Std.
The problem we're having is that when the client searches for an email in a personal folder, or a subfolder of that particular personal folder, she gets No Matches, even though the folder contains email that match the search term.
The odd thing is that this does not occur with all the personal folders.
In other words, client can search for all email from John Doe in one folder and the results will display.
If client goes to another pst, and does the same search, even though we know the search term matches email in that folder, it will give NO Matches found..Yes you can click on "try searching all mail items" and it might find the email...but it doesnt narrow the search as much as we like.The client has similar worded emails across a number of psts. So we would like to be able to search by individual folder.I have rebuilt the index, made sure that the indexing service as well as Windows Search service are running.Type of file to index shows .pst as a file type that is being indexed.
I must be missing something..
Any suggestions would be most welcome..

Thank you very much.

You might get better results asking in forum68

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back