Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't schedule a task

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawon

Programmer
Feb 6, 2003
US
This is my first time trying to schedule a task. I have a .bat file that I am trying to schedule and got the following result in the log. I just followed the wizard and did not do any "advanced" changes. What do I need to do?

"unix_to_pc.job" (unix_to_pc.bat) 5/14/2003 7:00:00 PM ** ERROR **
The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information existed for the task.
The specific error is:
0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the task indicated.

When you create a scheduled task, it asks for an account for the job to be run under, did you input one? If you did, does it have sufficient rights to run the file and execute the copy job (assuming that is the purpose)?

Try running the job and see what output it gives you. If it errors, it will return an error code alongside the scheduled task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back