Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't save queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanosm

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
GB
I can create queries without a problem, and they work fine. However, I can't save them. Everytime I try, I get an error message:

"The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create values in the index, primary key or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again"

This happens with all queries. The database has been with the client for some time. It has not been split into FE/BE. The database has been secured using the security wizard.

I've tried making the query in design view, and then File-> Save As.
This doesn't work.

I've also tried creating the query and then closing before saving. Then the usual prompt comes up about wanting to save, cancel, etc. This doesn't work either.

Try creating a new empty database and importing everthing from the current file.

It worked!

Any idea why it wasn't working before? Was the database corrupt?

Probably corruption. You may also experience similar issues if some code or a macro set warnings False and they were not set back to True.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back