Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't save my WORD-doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasibobo

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
NL
Hi,

Anyone know why I can't save my work in WORD? I keep getting this message:

Can't save to E:/
Cause: * Disk is full or protected.
* There are to many programs running

But none of these causes are true.... Very irritating after 2 pages typing math-formula's I don't feel much like doing this once more.... sigh!

Quasibobo

Don't eat yellow snow!

What is E:\ on your system? Do you have the necessary permissions to write to this drive? To isolate the problem, can you save your file to a floppy disk? If so, then it's not a Word problem and you'll have to fix whatever is wrong with your system.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

E:\ is my WinXP-drive. But it doesn't matter where I try to save (to A:\ or C:\ or any other drive (D to G)).
I've got about 130GB of free space on my drives.... a Pentium IV 2,0 Ghz, 512 MB ram.... no specifications that should cause such error-messages.

Any suggestions (apart from formatting...)?

Quasibobo

Don't eat yellow snow!

Are you able to save other types of files (Excel, PowerPoint?) or is it ONLY Word files?

Of course the obvious one of copying / pasting in wordpad / notepad, but no sudjestions about the actual problem... what happends if you try to save in a different file format, such as txt?

// Patrik

Uninstall and the Reinstall.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Un-install & re-install it is....! Thanks anyway

Don't eat yellow snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back