Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't save dwg, command in progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

druubie

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
After going from a shaded/sold view to 2d wireframe while building a model, AutoCad 2000 decides that I can no longer save until some command is completed. The problem is that I can't figure out just what command is still going on. I can function (ie. draw, erase, etc) just fine but it will not let me save.

Frustration runs amok.

Anyone else run into this one?

I think we have seen that before. Try shutting down AutoCAD and I think it will prompt you to save or not.

That usually works but it is such a pain in the butt. Is there anyway I can check to see if CAD is trying to do anything in the background to halt whatever it is trying to do or is my only choice to suck it up, do the shut-down save and pray?

Hi druubie,

I have actually run into this but just pressing the escape key 4 or 5 times actually let me save.

HTH
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back