Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't save CR to CE using "Save As"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nord

MIS
Aug 5, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm trying to publish a CR8.5 to CE8.5.

When I choose File --> Save As, I get the logon prompt. I have tried both Administrator, as well as my Windows NT logon (which I gave Admin rights). When I xmit the logon screen, nothing happens. No folders show up in the dialogue. I am assuming the Input folder should display for CE.

I can log in to e-portfolio with my user account and see Report Samples.

TIA
Doug

There is a patch for Crystal Reports 8.5 that you must apply before it can logon to a CE 8.5 APS. The patch is included on the CE 8.5 CD.

-Tim

Tim,

I'm getting the same problem as Doug. What is the name of the patch on the CE Cd?

Cheers

Greg

I have found the file on the Cd.

I have read the document "Crystal Reports Update for Crystal Enterprise 8.5", found at

Is this update run on the server that houses Crystal Enterprise 8.5, or on the workstations that run Crystal Reports 8.5 ?

Cheers
Greg

The update has to be run on each workstation that runs Crystal Reports. There is no update on the server side, as that functionality is in the base CE 8.5 install. (Wouldn't make sense to include a CE 8.5 update on the CE 8.5 CD, it would just be integrated into the product).

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back