Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant run Program with Users accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajrey

MIS
Feb 25, 2002
US
Greetings all!
I have Adobe Image Editor version 3.1 for windows 98 installed on 3 stations running Windows 200 Professional. When I log as local administrator I can run the application fine. But when I log as a domain User the application wont run. You hit the program Icon but nothing happens. What do I need to set on those machines so they can run that application using Domain Users?

Any Ideas?

Tnx in advance

In this cases is better to install it under user profile giving to user temporary admin rights than remove it after install. What else you can try is to import compatibility template ( if it is not problem to your company), and it should work, next to try is to give full access to users in the folder of that application in Program Files, and latest is modifying registry, but only importing Compatibility template I think is enough

ajrey, I agree with alfa21 by suggesting that you have 2 main options:

1) Unistall application, and then load as a Domain User ind install applucation from that profile. (as that user won´t have rights to install, you may run installation.exe file by using runas option. To do this just Shift+RightMouseClick and you´ll see the options list with a new option called Runas, select it and you´ll be prompted for aditional credentials to run install.exe program as a different user, just make sure credentials supplied have enough rights).
After installation is performed, please test running application with Domain User, it should work (I hope).

2) Your second option is either let your installation as it is or perform step 1 above and then when logging with Domain Users run application using runas option just like I specified on step 1 to run install.exe, but in this case shift+rightmouseclick will be done over the program icon.

Hope it Helps.....

Technically... ¡Everything is possible!

Biohazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back