Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't run HP setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpacemanStu

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
US
My dear old dad just upgraded 95 to 98. He has tried every possible way to install printer drivers, but the system will not begin the setup program. He has a HP DJ3320 printer, usb only. He has tried from CD, floppy, and downloaded software, but when he tried to open the setup program, the machine just doesn't do it.

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean by "the machine just doesn't do it"? What exactly does it do? Did he do a clean install of win98? If not, were there issues before upgrading?

The machine had no issues before the upgrade. The computer will not run the HP setup. He can try to open it from any location, but the computer goes back to desktop as if nothing is running. Checking in task list, the HP setup is not running. We have tried to run from cd, downloaded files, floppy, through start/run, my computer, auto run, fresh install, fresh boot. It simply will not start the software.

It is an older computer, I think it's a P233. Been running fine til now, just 95 not compatible with enough things now.

Will the machine install other software? It sounds like a problem with the o/s. If you upgraded, I recommend you format the hard drive and do a clean install of win98.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back