Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't run CHKDSK/F ! any ideas why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnrenton

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
US
WinXPPro Sp1
Promise RAID 1 controller
P4 3.06 Ghx w HT running
Problem: I can run CHKDSK from the command prompt in WinXP without problem. It indicated that there are errors in the file system and advises running CHKDSK/F. I ran CHKDSK/F and scheduled the operation to run on the next restart. When I restart Windows all WinXP does is boot up. The CHKDSK/F gives no indication on running. The same errors again show up on standard CHKDSK performed within Windows. Also interesting is that when I run Norton Disk Doctor 2003 I get the same problem. Disk Doctor says that it finds the same file error. When I select "fix' and then schedule a reboot the same thing happens. Windows reboots but no Disk Doctor repair program starts. Any ideas on what to do next? I reloaded WinXP but without help. Is this a Norton-WinXP conflict? Is this a Promise RAID issue?Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back