Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't run a component, compiler returns error

Status
Not open for further replies.

zgrande

Programmer
Mar 18, 2002
BR
Hi, I just started using Delphi and I need to use a third part component, I already got the component source code. I can compile, install and place the package components on a form, but when I run the application this error is returned:

[Error] File not found: 'xxxxx.R32'

the error refers to different resource files, each one for a different component. Do I need to set an option when creating (compiling) the components or do I need to copy the resource files to a special directory?

Thanks

Which version of Delphi are you using?

There are frequently different component versions for the different versions of Delphi.

Third party components usually come with installation instructions.

Have you followed these instructions precisely for your particular version of Delphi?

Andrew

I noticed the same error when installing RXLib components, I just included the RXLib source directory in the search directory (options) and it worked OK.

Never send a man to make a machine's work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back