Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't right mouse click

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleT

Programmer
Sep 26, 2001
US
Hello,

At my work we have a Windows 2000 Server that is running CITRIX. All of a sudden we are unable to "Right Mouse Click" on anything. If I want to see the properties of a file on the desktop, when you right mouse click the icon the menu does not come up. Does anyone know what the cause of this is. I don't know if the problem is from Windows or Citrix. I've tried rebooting the server with no help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

UncleT

I have seen this awhile back. In the Citrix ICA client when you right click on your ICA connection in order to get properties, you will see under the options tab a setting for speedscreen latency. make sure mouse feeback is enabled. If this doesn't work for you may want to change your mouse pointer (in control panel) from whatever the current default is set at
Hope this helps.

itsp1965,

Not sure what you are saying. This is happening on the server itself. I'm fairly new to citrix. Where would I find the ICA Connection on the server or are you talking about the clients? It's kind of weird. None of the icons on the server desktop can be right mouse clicked. You can't even right mouse click the desktop to get to settings.

UncleT, do you mean to tell me this occurs directly on the server itself, or is it happening when you connect to the server using the Citrix client software. If it is on the server, then I would try changing mice. If the problem occurs when you use your Citrix client software (ie Citrix Program Neighborhood)in order to connect then check the connection settings as per my previous note (Start->Programs->Citrix->Program Neighborhood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back