Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't retrieve repository information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am running SQL Server 7.0 and I have just installed Service Pack 3 both database and OLAP components. After the installation when I went back to the OLAP manager and click on the server in question I get the following
error message "Cannot retrieve the repository information from the server (ServerX)". I had made a copy of the msmdrep.mdb database and I tried to see if using this would work but I get the same message.

Can anybody help?
Thanks,
Ruaidhri.

Hi, Ruaidhri!
I think I know what is the problem.
It happens sometime when upgrading the olap to sp3:
Two scenario can be possible:

This problem can occur because the Bin directory the OLAP Services application path (for example, “C:\Program Files\OLAP Services\bin”) is not shared properly. Make sure the Bin directory in the OLAP Services application path is shared as MsOLAPRepository$

This problem can occur when the OLAP services are installed in the root directory and not in the program files application folder. Uninstall the OLAP services from the root directory and install it in the default folder (for example, Program Files\OLAP Services). In addition, install OLAP SP 3

Please, notify me if you solved the problem
using my advice

Issahar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back