Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't restore a Arcserve 6.61 tape on a Arcserve 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2002
US
I have a DLT tape that was backed up in Arcserve 6.61 with a FasTor DLT8000. I am using the same drive on our recently converted to Arcserve 2000. I get the error E3801. When I go to the support site for AS and check on that error, there is not much info as what to do with it.

I did however find a doc out there that referenced this error. Stating that on a NT 4.0 machine, to go into its registry and add a line to set the block size of the tape to 16K, from 64K. I did that but then the drive could not recognize any of the tapes. It labeled them as <Unrecognizable Media>.

Any other suggestions for me to try would be very appreciated, not only by me but by my user.

Maybe 16K is the wrong block size it was written with, try maybe 32K block size. Also, I am getting a suspiscious feeling that its a device support thing, update to service pack 3 and then apply qo11687.caz.

Thanks

guru

I've got the same Error E3801 message with merging tapes from Arcserve7 on Arcserve 2000. I've addet registry keys to specify block size on 16k => without success. Any ideas @Guru???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back