Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant reset var declared in top frame from others in IE5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpatnaik

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
Hi,

I have a whole bunch of frames containing frames.. I have declared a variable as var flgChanged = 0; in the topmost frame. I am setting this flag to 1 in the bottomost frame by window.top.frmaes[0].flgCHanged = 1;
Then I am trying to reset this flag from one included js file in the bottommost frame by using the code window.top.frmaes[0].flgChanged = 0; This code gets called when the form is submitted and its just before the submit call.

This works fine in IE 6 without any hitch, but its bombing in IE 5. I just dont have any clue about it. There is a similar flag used in mostly the smae way and its working fine in IE 5. Any idea.
This is URGENT

This isnt really an ASP question. Try asking this in the Javascript forum - Forum216 or the HTML and CSS forum - Forum215. Tony
reddot.gif WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=2 VSPACE=3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back