Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't remove variables from memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

systema

Programmer
Jan 30, 2001
IT
Hi everybody, I have a problem when trying removing arrays and variables using RELEASE ALL command. I show what I do:

LIST MEMORY TO c:\temp\1.txt
RELEASE ALL LIKE ar_*
RELEASE ALL LIKE ob_*
RELEASE ALL LIKE old_*
LIST MEMORY TO c:\temp\2.txt

After these, 1.TXT and 2.TXT are identical, and all the arrays beginning with AR_ and variables beginning with OB_ & OLD_ are still in memory...

I run FoxPro 2.6a on WinNT machine.

Systema,
I *may* be wrong about this (or at least in my reason why, but not in the practice of), but try issuing a specific &quot;RELEASE ARRAY <arrayname>&quot;, which, I believe will still take the wild card. (So you could issue RELEASE ARRAY LIKE AR_*)
I'm not certain as to why your memory variables are not releasing, however. That sounds a bit odd to me. I'm running 2.6a on an XP machine, which should have a very similar architecture to WinNT, and do not have this problem in FPW.

Best Regards,
Scott

Please let me know if this has helped [hammer]

Scott,
I could remove variables from memory only releasing them one at time with RELEASE <varname>,<varname>,<varname> and not using the LIKE clausole.
Thanks anyway...

Pay attention to this:
rele all like ar_*
and
rele like ar_*

Be sure you're using the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back