Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't remove synchronization source

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopes1211

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
Anyone try to remove a gateway from a CM8.1? I can't remove the DS1 translations as it says "cannot remove synchronization source". Looks like the commands for "change synch media" and "list synch media" no longer appear in my 8.1 when I know these gateways and synch sources were likely configured when it was a 6.3. Any ideas?

-CL

ch sync media 1" and "list sync media" work for me on CM 8.1 I assume your account has privileges to run those SAT commands, not sure why you can't run them.
Can you view the sync on the gateway? "show sync timing"

FOUND IT!!!!! Just looked at my lab 8.1.3.3 and commands are there. Upgraded lab to 8.1.3.4 that came out on 2/22 and the commands are gone. We'll see how Avaya wants to fix it. Perhaps hold off on 8.1.3.4 for now.

-CL

Can you change the sync by logging into the gateways and then remove it? Just curious if that would be a workaround to the software bug.

Usually I've found with bugs like this, the less you do means less corruption you're going to create to require fixing. Avaya is engaged so I'll update when I have some info.

-CL

Update - Just noticed "ch sync media" is not available in my CM10 lab either. So I guess that's well and good on new systems but what happens to all of the upgraded systems that had synch translations in them? Waiting on Avaya to research it.

-CL

Found this blurb in the release notes for 8.1.3.4:

CM-46660 SAT with media-gateway The user was able to execute the 'change
Synchronization media-gateway' command even when the "Synchronization over IP?" field
was set to 'n'.

To get the commands back, I had to "ch sys feat" and enable "Synchronization over IP?". then save trans, then reset sys 4. Once the system was up, I could "ch sync media" and remove the ds1. Then I could remove the ds1 and then remove the gateway. Hopefully this helps someone when they go to 8.1.3.4 or 10.1 and can no longer "ch sync media".

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back