Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't remove old User DSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosully

Programmer
May 29, 2001
IE
Hi all,

I did an upgrade to Oracle 8i on a users PC and found afterwards that the user had set up some data-bases as User DSNs with Oracle 7.3 drivers. When I try to remove them I get an error that the system no longer has Oracle 7.3 drivers installed and the DSN cannot be uninstalled until they are restored.

I can't find a way to remove them using the Control Panel or the Microsoft ODBC Administrator. Short of undoing the upgrade and reverting to the previous version of Oracle is there any way of getting rid of these DSNs?

Brendan

You could delete the entries from the registry using the registry editor. The key should be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC Data Sources.

Make a registry backup before proceding. Terry

"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." - Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back