Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't register cNewMenu.dll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hceco

MIS
Mar 18, 2008
BR
I am trying to register this dll in the windows 7 professional but it says "fail to load module cnewmenu.dll"

In fact, the message I see is in portuguese (win 7 br), so I am translating the the message error.

does anybody know why it can be registered in win xp but not in win 7?

thanks,
Renato.

Is the program that requires this .dll compatible with Windows 7?

What program is it, I saw mention on Google of this .dll having to do with code changes to create menus. Windows 7 is a bit different to XP and may not allow that type of change?

Explanation of Regsvr32 usage and error messages

You also may have to do this as Admin, not as a regular user, as these may seem to be administrators but actually are not...

Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

the program is an ERP. This is the only dll/ocx which I can't register, even as administrator. Seems the DLL isn't compatible with w7. It is a menu, probably changes from xp to 7 explain why it isn't compatible. Thanks

Maybe you can use one of the free Virtual machines offered by Microsoft as a compromise?

Windows Virtual PC
Download Windows XP Mode

Virtual PC 2007

How to troubleshoot a program that does not run as expected after it is installed on Windows Vista

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back