Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't reconnect user to mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdoub1eu

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
US
In ESM, I see a mailbox that has a red "X" over it...When I right click on it I have the option to "reconnect" and "purge." If I choose to reconnect, it won't find the correct user. The user is working and is able to send and receive mail from that mailbox.

It's strange...When I choose to reconnect and I type in the user name and choose to find, I get the error message saying: An object (User or Other objbect) with the following name cannot be found. Check the selected object types and locations for accuracy and ensure that you have typed the object name correctly, or remove this object from the selection.

This occurs because AD thinks that the user still has a mailbox associated with it. Go in to AD Users and computers and right click the user select Exchange Tasks and select remove exchange attributes. Wait about 2 minutes and then you can reconnect the user. This is happening every day with two users on my network and I am in the process of trying to figure out why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back