Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant recieve outside calls on my Polycom

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortiz

Technical User
Oct 6, 2015
US
I installed a 016 TRR on my Merlin Legend PBX System so that we could use the Polycom SoundStation2.
We can call an extension from the Polycom but cannot call the Polycoms extension of 180.
We can call out on the polycom by dialing 9 out.
But incoming calls are not pcked up by the Polycom and are then directed to the operator.
The Extension has transfer only permissions.
Can someone give me an idea if and how I can receive outside calls on the Polycom?

Thanks
Tortiz

What happens when you dial 180 from another phone? Do you hear ringback, does the call go anywhere else? If you are hearing ringback, can you press the hook button on the Polycom and answer the call, even through it is not making a ringing sound? Have you tried any other single line telephone in place of the Polycom? Does your 016 TRR have an internal ring generator, or is it so old that it is relying on a ringing generator be installed in the power supply of the cabinet?

If you can answer, and you have ringing voltage provided by the ring generator, sorry for the obvious, but is the ringer turned on? Also, the Legend sends a unique ringing pattern for internal, transferred, and outside calls, which the Polycom may not like. If that is the case, go to Aux Equip and set 180 as a Fax Extension, so that the ringing cadence will be a long, uninterrupted ring instead of the unique line ringing.

Thanks for the response.
Dialing 180 from another phone I hear Ringback, but after a few rings it transfers to the operator.
I called the extension from my cell phone and the same would occur, I just observed the Polycom Display which should light up for an incoming call, but it does nothing.
I Believe this 016 TRR does have a ringing generator.
I read on another Post that there was a mention of the extension needing a Mailbox?
I do not know how to create one for this extension through admin. It just keeps saying this is a Transfer Only Extension.
I could try the set to Fax Extension when I get a chance.

Thanks!

Well, found my problem, it was me...... That's what I get for assuming things. Wrong Extension assigned.

Thanks for help!

Tortiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back