Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant receive email from 1 sender

Status
Not open for further replies.

astracom

Technical User
Dec 21, 2003
GB
Please help, when my company sends me emails I do not receive them. If it’s a broadcast some one else on the list can copy my email address listed and forward me the email which I get. I have checked my junk file and also my block senders list to no avail. Please advise. I hope this makes sense.

Sounds like a problem with the mail server itself.

Is it a inhouse server?
Is your mailbox on the same server? and has your account ever been recreated on the server?

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

which email software do you use ? and antivirus ?

..._ - _ - every trouble shooting begin with power ON !! we always forgot one day. :) HAVE A NICE DAY.

Suggest getting your company to check that the reply-to email address they are using on their email is valid. More and more email companies (Google for example) check the reply-to email address on incoming emails (especially broadcasts) for validity before accepting the mail. If it is invalid, they just don't accept it - the sender doesn't get a bounce notice because their email address was no good, you don't get spam or junk because the email was never accepted.

This is a spam/malware prevention tactic, and it is actually quite effective.

Also Google caches bad email addresses to save time in checking, so even if the bad return address is reactivated it may take a couple days before it clears.

Jock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back