Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't reach certain area codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmario

Vendor
Nov 5, 2002
US
I'm on a Legend 6.0. New PRI working for the last month. Trying to reach new area code 325. Recording comes back with "Call can not be completed as dialed". Can dial area codes 320,321 and all others(the ones they use anyway). Talked to AT&T tech "trapping" call. He said the only difference he can see is the ones that don't work are tagged as private. Working calls are "undefined". Is this an ARS table issue? PRI outgoing issue? Thanks for any help!

Is that area code in your ars table? Can you dial the area code from an analog line?

Yes you can dial the number from a POTS line. I see no other area codes in the ARS tables except toll free 800 numbers.

Hi cmario,
There are a few things that seem confusing. Can you clarify the following:
what do you mean by "tagged as private" & ' Working calls are "undefined" '?

Next what area code is the Legend in? Since NPAs 325 & 432 were part of a 3-way split with 915 in Texas that completed on 04OCT2003, what is new about 325? Was it working before the PRI was cutover to service?

....JIM....

Assign the pool dial out code to an extension. Press a SA button, dial the pool code, dial the desired number. If the call fails, it is not the ARS tables, but the PRI provider.

We are in the 856 area code. And this is the first time they had to call this (325) area code! I'm going over there today and will try your suggestion Tommy! Thanks!

To give everyone an update on the solution. The main problem WAS the PRI provider (AT&T)! The new area code was the same as an exchange in our area! They had to change an entry in their table! In checking the circuit out though, we were sending voice calls out and they were seeing them as 3.1KHZ calls. They had a DMS-100 Switch and my setting in the Legend matched that. But seeing all the notes in this forum and others we both switched to 5ESS "custom". Everything seems to be working! Thanks for all the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back